Detailed programme for VV2022-Physics
There will be six courses offered — three in the online component and three in the on-site component. Each course will have a mix of lectures and tutorial sessions.
Online component (5 July to 16 July 2022)
- Classical Mechanics (Amol Dighe)
- Classical and Quantum Optics (Sushil Mujumdar)
- Cosmology (Tirthankar Roy Choudhury)
On-site component (22 July to 1 August 2022)
- Introduction to Experimental Techniques (Shirish Pathare, R. Palit, S. S. Prabhu, V. Nanal) (This will involve thought-provoking hands-on experiments, demonstrations of advanced experiments, and visits to TIFR laboratories.)
- Probability, Statistics and Data Visualisation (Nishita Desai)
- Thinking Through Problems (Rajdeep Sensarma and Anwesh Mazumdar)
Additional unique features
- Special lectures by women scientists, and women scientists as role models
- Ample opportunities for interacting (online and in-person) with subject experts, including many women scientists
- Special mentoring dealing with gender-related issues
- Exposure to Physics Education Research (Coordinator: Anwesh Mazumdar)
Further details regarding access to online courses and travel and accommodation for the on-site part will be provided to selected candidates in due course. Covid-related protocols will be announced closer to the start of the on-site component.
Please check this page regularly for further updates.